Sunday, April 12, 2015

Hilary For President...Or Not.

So I guess Hilary Clinton announced she's running for President today. I can't say I'd be shocked if she won, but I would be disappointed. It baffles me that someone can have that much scandal tied to them and yet people STILL support them and think they'd make a good leader of an entire country, as if a person's character doesn't actually matter.



And no, I don't dislike her because she's a Democrat. I could care less about party lines. I'm not a Democrat and I'm definitely not a Republican. I'll vote for whoever I think would make the best leader, recognizing that in the end it probably doesn't matter anyways, because let's face it, they're all corrupt. That's how they got in to politics.  

But when it comes down to it, even though Hilary may be a very bad idea, it probably won't make a difference no matter who we vote for. Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Green Party. None of them care about the people. They're in it for the power and the money, and they'll all keep getting what they want at our expense, and we'll keep showing up at the polls, pushing for a certain party, thinking that our votes are making a difference and making this country better when they're clearly not. Voting for a third party might be the lesser of two, well three, evils, but we'll probably never know what it would be like to have a third party president. People are too caught up in throwing their money at the Republicans and Democrats.

I no longer know what the point of this post is, and I have clearly reached the point of apathy when it comes to "political change." So I'll just leave this here...




No comments: