Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Chaotic Life As Of Late

These past two months have been a whirlwind. Lots of ups and downs, and well, I figure I might as well do a little catch-up on life with all that's happened. So here ya go, peeps. My life as of late. You'll be amazed at all that can happen within a span of a couple months. 


On March 2nd, I had to say goodbye to my sweet little kitty, Tiger, whom I loved very much.
,
He was 12 years old, but I had only had him for four. He went blind and his kidneys were failing, so at the vet's recommendation it was time for him to go. He was seriously the sweetest and cuddliest cat ever, and I miss him so much. I still think about him sometimes, but the good news is I don't cry when I do anymore. You are missed, Tiger!
Then at the end of March, Mary and I flew out to Phoenix to visit our friends/her family, Johnny & Jen. Jen and I FINALLY got to see the Grand Canyon!

Then from there we all drove up to see the Hoover Dam.Surprisingly enough, we spent nearly all day there, and we all absolutely loved it!
Two places at once!
From the Hoover Dam we drove up to Vegas for the night. We walked around, saw the fountains at the Bellagio, ate, then went to bed. I think we were the only tourists to be in bed by midnight!


A couple weeks later---April 15, to be exact---my apartment complex got hit by a tornado. Thank the Lord my apartment has only had water damage, but the apartment above mine wasn't so fortunate, as you can see. One of my maintenance men told me my elderly upstairs neighbor was actually IN his apartment when it hit...I'm so glad he's okay! And from now on, I'll definitely be knocking on neighbors' doors and inviting them to my parents' when tornadoes are on their way.
My car port didn't fare so well, either. :-/
Nor did the building across from mine. As you can imagine, they all moved to different apartments in the complex.
A week and a half later---April 24th---my boyfriend, Seth, suddenly lost his dad, Earl. What a wonderful man he was! It hurts my heart so much to think of all the memories I won't get to make with him, but I'm so glad I got to know him for the few months I did. Please pray for Seth and his family as they continue to grieve.
God's timing couldn't have been more perfect when he provided a vacation to Disney World just a few days after Earl's passing. We had already planned to go with my family and some family friends, and I'm so glad Seth decided to still come along, because it was such a nice getaway after the whirlwind, emotional week we had experienced before.

We went to Universal Studios as well and got to see Hogwarts, which was one of the things Seth and I were both SUPER excited to go to. And yes, Seth did indeed get his very own Harry Potter wand. :-)
One of our fave rides!
And as of last week---May 11th---I have a brand new addition to my family. Meet...Cleocatra! Cleo for short. I didn't make it very long after Tiger died, I know. But my apartment felt so empty without a cat around, and Cleo is soooo adorable. I'm pretty sure God handpicks my cats, because they couldn't possibly end up being more wonderful.

Hehe. Love this crazy face!
And that, folks, is my life. Tornados, goodbyes, vacations---through it all, God is still good.

No comments: