Monday, February 14, 2011

A Valentine's Music Monday

I haven't done a Music Monday in a while, but I figured since it's Valentine's Day why not celebrate with some sweet and heart-meltingly romantic music?

First up is Atley Black. If you've never heard of her, don't worry. You're not uncool. She's the wife of the best friend of a friend of my brother and she just happens to be extremely talented. A couple weeks ago we had the family over to celebrate my birthday and we all gathered around the TV in the living room to watch some of her stuff on YouTube. A couple of her songs brought my grandparents to tears. It was the sweetest thing I've ever seen. We'd listen to a song and my grandparents would say, "Aww. I think that should be our song!" and then we'd listen to another one and they'd hug each other and say, "That should be our song too!" It was adorable. :-)

So here I give you Atley Black. If you want to hear more, you can visit her YouTube channel here or her Myspace page here. It's some good stuff. Trust me.





And here's one of my fave music videos of all time as well for your viewing pleasure. It's stop motion at it's finest!



And last, because this is the blog of a spinster-in-training, I couldn't resist some sort of traditional Valentine's Day rant. But instead of ranting away myself, I'm just going to let this hilarious video do the talking for me. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to embark on this endeavor at least a dozen times throughout my life. So for all my single peeps out there, this is for you!

No comments: